Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Florida

My Florida

I've lived here my whole life. Sometimes when you grow up in a place and you still live there...and you see it everyday, you start to miss it. You start to not see it. 



You get so caught up in traffic lights and Target that you miss the beauty all around you.



At least I do. I'm constantly running through my to-do list. I'm constantly feeling just a little (and sometimes a lot) behind.




It can be awfully refreshing to put that all on a shelf for a morning and just take a walk.



To some place new and quiet. Some place peaceful.



To be a child.




It's amazing to see your home through your child's eyes. I remember when everything seemed so big and wild.



I remember believing that it was all just waiting for me. 



It's an exciting feeling.



And now it's all just waiting for my kids.



What an invitation.



I don't want to miss it.



I don't want them to miss it.



Because this is their home.



This is their Florida.



*          *          *

If you enjoyed this post, please consider subscribing by email to receive updates on new posts!

You can also follow my blog through Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Bloglovin, or Google+.

For a list of all the parties that I link up with each week, please visit my Linking Up page!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly love and appreciate reading your comments!